Thursday, April 5, 2007

opposites and superlatives



I've got NPR going in the background, and a recent topic was bipolar disorder and other mental illnesses...I can't remember which radio show. And somehow, I jumped from that to deciding to post this picture. Anyway, the other day a storm came in and came in fast. You know the moment, when the sky competes with itself - rain or shine? I took a picture.

According to the ROK Chief of Staff, I'm "the best soccer player!" I love their extreme vocabulary, the best when they mean good, beautiful when they mean cute, genius when they mean 'not dumb'. Ah, all words used to describe me! Who wouldn't want to work with them?

Until the day they called me fat. mmm. Maybe they meant 'not as skinny as a Korean'?

3 comments:

gru said...

That's beautiful. I miss rain like that. ... I miss rain period.

ria+3 said...

We had a day like this today, except it was sun vs snow showers. On one end of town it was snowing like crazy but by the time we got home the clouds broke and sun was out. Of course, you'd never know it was 75 degrees here last Tuesday (today was 38). But then that is typical for NY in the "spring". Anyone remember Christina's first wedding?!

Gratitude said...

Happy Birthday Eve/birthday! Your package will be there in some time:) Happy easter! love and miss u