Thursday, April 12, 2007

Extension...

Report on troop extension... read this:

Hmm, well, I haven't heard if I'm extended officially, but I wouldn't doubt it. I mean, I love my country, and I love the Army, but this is ridiculous. The burden of this war is shouldered by young soldiers and their families. Unless you have a personal tie to this war, I get the feeling that the rest of the country doesn't care.

On the bright side, that's an additional $18,000 I'll earn.

Mmm. Well. Back to the Korean Army's contribution to the coalition.

The final KKFD performance was the other night. Oh, I am so glad that is over. I didn't have the time or energy to rehearse as much as they'd have liked. Tuesday night was the big night - local important people and local press was on hand.

According to the US types in the audience, while I was on stage, the Korean soldiers were chanting "We! Love! Ah-Mah-To!" I didn't hear it, I was too horrified that I was actually playing, poorly at that, in front of all these people.


SSG Kim was the girl playing piano during our song. She also was modeling a traditional Kurdish costume (pictured here), played during the drum circle and helped with the Tae Kwon Do demonstration. It was her hanbok I wore the other night.

2 comments:

elv said...

"we are friends, peace of kurdish"

liz ;)

Anonymous said...

i'd play drums with you guys if i were there!