Thursday, April 19, 2007

...and the contract is awarded to

the lowest bidder!

I'm in Iraq. I know this. I don't expect much, really. But I don't expected to be electrocuted while in the shower. (mom, don't worry, I am ok)

The US female population on this camp is very small. Thus, our bathroom is very small. Its a little container with 2 toilets, 1 sink, 2 shower stalls. We recently replaced the water heater and one of my guys tells me that its probably not grounded (anyone? is this true?).

Sketchy contractors, shoddy construction. And apparantly equally poor electrical work. I never thought I'd miss electrical codes and inspections and certifications, but I do.

My guys tell me the local electrician came in to fix it, but I still use one of my shower shoes to turn the faucet on and off.

No comments: