Tuesday, April 3, 2007

I miss my coffee pot.



I know I'm at war. And that I'm in a remote location.

But still.

I miss my coffee pot.

Thanks to Conway's very thoughtful housewarming gift, a Cuisinart Grind and Brew (with stainless steel carafe - keeps coffee hot for hours!), the pink house wakes to the spaceship sounding coffee grinder. Really, it sounds like a spaceship. (Natalie, Lisa and I jumped when we first heard it - so loud!)

Anyway, this little blue translucent contraption does the job. If you look closely, you can see my attempt at a self-portrait.

Its not just the coffee pot I miss, really; the events and moments that come after the grinding and brewing and hot-coffee-keeping, I miss them too. The rare occasion the three of us could sit before leaving and starting/continuing our day - Christy before her 5 min drive to work, Lisa's 50 step commute to her office, me in between PT and work call.

Or when Mom and Dad came to visit (or more accurately to take care of me after surgery and assume the role of "mr. fix it") being able to sit, talk, drink coffee like grown ups.

No comments: