Saturday, October 27, 2007

in-country travel

is seriously a pain in the butt. especially from our location where there isn't a military airfield anywhere close. And I get cranky cranky when I'm tired. And boy was I tired.

I did get down to Baghdad for the C6 conference. Ran into some old faces, people I worked with way way back when. I seem to forget that I've been in the army for over 8 years and have been around, working with all kinds of people. It was nice to grab a coffee and watch rocket attacks in the distance (I'm only sort of kidding). It was nice to grab dinner or lunch with old friends and catch up.

Oh yeah, we had a conference! I've been so out of the commo stuff that I didn't really know what was going on. My superstar staff sergeant has been handling all that stuff while I was the LNO/Team Leader. Everyone was excited to meet him and the Koreans - put a face on these headless voices from online conferences and whatnot.

I don't seem to have much to write about; I used to try to make these posts anecdotal, but I've hit a wall of sorts. Nothing exciting is happening up here, and I don't have much to write about, at least nothing appropriate - my annoyance with people, Turkey and the whatnots between them and the Kurdish Regional Government, my opinion on this war and what's going on back home...yeah, inappropriate.

I can't wait to get home and see everyone. Thanks for the love and prayers and packages and letters and emails.

No comments: