Saturday, September 15, 2007

Kuwait. and the Air Force Marathon - backwards.

So...I'm here in Kuwait for a few days waiting to fly out to Germany and I've been trying to stretch the fun I'm having here ... taking my time at meals, sleeping whenever I feel like it, procrastinating on finishing my homework assignment..

Anyway, I traveled down here with another Soldier from Zaytun, and we discovered that there was a 5k Fun Run, so we gave that a whirl - well, we each won if it had been a race! He was the first boy, and 5 minutes later, I was the first girl! Zaytun sweep :)

This morning I decided to run again...went out the little check point, took a left instead of the right we took for the 5k, and I see all these people running towards me. More so than the normal morning run. And most of them are wearing Air Force PT uniforms. And a little bit further, I smiled and waved at this guy and he giggles and says "Hey! You're going the wrong way!" Uh, then I come across a water point. I ask one of the volunteers what's going on and he's like "Oh, its the Air Force Marathon!"

2 comments:

Carol said...

haha. That's pretty funny. did you turn around?

Unknown said...

All you had to do was turn around and win..........watch those wrong turns! Yep, today the marathon started at 7am local here at WP, don't know the results. Hey! have fun. and relax a bit (a lot).