Sunday, September 16, 2007

Coffee. And Thai Food.

We've figured it out, Green Beans Coffee has a mafia-like hold over coffee in the camp area... the dfac coffee is awful, thus after breakfast and dinner we'll walk to the coffee container, and spend $ on good {better} coffee. My battle buddy orders a latte and I usually go for the spiced chai. mmmm.





We're still here in Kuwait - though tonight we'll do our pre-travel briefing and then sometime tomorrow we'll be leaving. The camp here has a pretty nice set up, and they try to keep the transient troops entertained - big MWR tents with movie screens, movie watching booths - you can check out a movie and watch it on your own tv/dvd w/headphones, internet cafe, foosball, pool. The USO here is very comfortable... lot of couches, carpet, bean bag chairs... I fell asleep there not once, but twice yesterday.

Yesterday, I went to get a massage (yes, there is a beauty salon here) and the girl who did it was Thai! She was like "we same-same"; she's been in Kuwait for a few years and her sister and brother live here as well. She asked what Thai food I was missing, and this morning she brought me som thom & khao ni aow...never thought I'd get this in Kuwait.

2 comments:

Liz V. said...

have fun on leave! take lots of pictures!

:)

ria+3 said...

sticky rice in Kuwait! I've got to tell the kids, they are going to get a kick out of that.

Have a wonderful, safe trip. If you get to Italy, just say hello for me! oh, and while you're at it, just eat for me too. :-)