Thursday, July 12, 2007

Me! In a helicopter (again)!


Back in 2002 - 2004 I had lots of pictures of me in a helicopter - when I was a signal officer for a UH-60 unit in Korea. I've been on a number of helo rides since being in Iraq, but never thought to take a picture. Probably because I thought I had enough of those.

Anyway.

A few weeks ago, we went on a trip further south, to Tikrit. It was hot. Imagine turning your hair dryer on and directing the blowing air right in your face. That's what it felt like. Oh, throw some dirt in there occasionally, to get the full effect. Do that for 45 minutes.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

HA!, are they not lotsa fun? After an hour or so, the vibrations make you feel like "jello" all loose and rubbery. (At least that is what MY rides felt like afterward). You forgot to mention the "sandblast" effect of the dirt/sand.Can be fun under the right circumstances. What was the haps in Tikrit? Or will you have to "kill" me if I were told.

~nma~ said...

Nothing much was going on in Tikrit. The ROK general had a meeting with a US general and I was able to tag along. I did run into a few people I knew while there - there's like 20k troops at the base we went to.