Wednesday, December 5, 2007

"Open on December 5th"

was written on today's envelope.
{I have twenty more envelopes with similar writing!}
and inside were these two little guys.

B* sent me a tabletop Christmas Tree, so up they went!



Lila and Sue are sisters, living in Pennsylvania. I've never, ever met them, yet they have regularly sent me letters and packages and cards all year. The story is that they ran into my friend N* at the post office, got to talking and somehow my name and address was passed to one sister, who then passed it to the other sister.

Anyway, this last mail push, I had a big box from Pennsylvania, and in this big box were 25 envelopes - a little present for each day until Christmas.

I teared up when I realized what it was - the generosity of strangers completely humbles me. I mean, these two women take such time and care to put together something like this for someone they've never met. I know they have more Soldiers on their mailing lists too.

Thank you Lila and Sue!

No comments: